What to Ask Before Hiring Your DUI Attorney
By Jonathan Blecher on February 5, 2015
When you have been accused and arrested for DUI in Miami, you are faced with many more penalties than just jail time and fines. You may also have your license suspended, an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle, be required to do community service, placed on probation, and be forced to attend DUI school. With so much riding on the outcome of your DUI trial, why leave your case in the hands of someone who is unable to get you the results you need?
What are the best qualities a DUI attorney should have?
Your best defense to DUI charges is hiring a qualified and experienced attorney. Finding the best DUI attorney in Miami can be difficult, though, especially with many options to select from. How can you be sure that the lawyer you choose will aggressively fight your case until the end?
There are many factors that work together to determine if this attorney is the right one for you. You want to hire someone with the following credentials:
- Experience handling cases like yours
- Has received positive results for their clients
- Will see your case through to the end
- Is accessible when you need them
In addition, you want to make sure that the lawyer whose services you have retained will actually be the person handling your defense.
When hiring a DUI attorney for you case, be sure to ask:
- Do you handle any other cases besides those related to DUI?
- Do you have a legal team that will address some aspects of my case?
- How many cases have you defended and what were some results?
- Have you ever handled a case similar to mine?
- What are your fees and how are they calculated?
- How long have you been defending DUI clients?
- Where were you educated and what organizations are you a member of?
- What do you anticipate from my case?
Depending on the answers provided, you can determine what lawyer will be the best representation for your DUI case. Not only will you need someone who is skilled in the field of DUI defense, but you need to be comfortable putting your future in their hands.
With more than 30 years of experience serving clients that have been accused of DUI, Attorney Jonathan Blecher can provide the defense you need. Learn more by scheduling a consultation with us.