Assault & Battery Lawyer in Miami
What are the Penalties for Assault & Battery in Florida?
In Florida, assault occurs if an individual threatened harm, while battery occurs if a victim was physically harmed. Assault is the lesser offense, but may still be charged as a felony if a deadly weapon was involved.
Take a look at the charges & penalties below:
- Simple Assault - a second degree misdemeanor with penalties of up to 60 days in jail and fines of up to $500
- Aggravated Assault - third degree felony with penalties of up to 5 years in prison and fines of $5,000
- Battery - first degree misdemeanor with penalties of up to a year in jail and fines of $1,000
- Aggravated Battery - second degree felony with up to 15 years in prison and up to $10,000
You may be in danger of incurring serious penalties! Don't risk your future freedom by trying to protect yourself. Our skilled criminal defense attorney in Miami can help you navigate through the criminal process and defend your rights. Call us now to find out how we can help!
Accused of Harming Another Person By Threats or Physical Violence?
I am Attorney Jonathan Blecher and I have been defending residents of Miami for more than 30 years. I understand that good people sometimes make mistakes and are wrongly accused of offenses that they didn't commit! I have dedicated my practice to represent these people and help them on their way to a better future. If you have been charged with battery in Miami, we can help you fight your charges.
If you've been charged with assault or battery in Florida, then call my firm for experienced representation. I have a number of qualifications that set my firm apart from other attorneys in the Miami area, including the following:
- More than 30 years of experience
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court
- Given the highest possible rating from Avvo of 10.0-Superb
- Listed in Cambridge Who's Who in Law and Florida Trend's Legal Elite
Do not try to go about this on your own. Take hope in the experience that my firm offers and get the assistance you need today! Contact us today!
Defended More than 5,000 Criminal Cases
Skilled Former Prosecutor
Defended Thousands of People
AV Preeminent® Rating on Martindale-Hubbell®
Earned a Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
More than 30 Years of Dedication & Experience
“He was a real lifesaver and I can't thank him enough”- Alexandra B
“His responses are insightful and helpful. He obviously has a deep understanding of DUI/DWI as well as criminal defense.”- Avvo
“I contacted Mr. Jonathan Burton Blecher and my matter was solved within a week. He was extremely professional and his price was fair and well deserved.”- Former Client