Florida DUI: Avoid Harsh Penalties With Help From A Former Prosecutor
Have you been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI)? If so, you need to know about the potential penalties that you could be facing. Florida has some of the most severe DUI consequences in the nation, ranging from fines to prison sentences.
Due to the higher frequency of DUI-related offenses in the state, recent Florida legislation has passed to include even more severe penalties in an effort to stop drunk driving.
If you have been arrested on a DUI charge in Florida, it is essential to your freedom to speak with a Miami DUI attorney immediately after your arrest. Only a legal representative can help you fight criminal allegations and work hard to get charges dropped, dismissed, or reduced.
Florida’s Harsh Penalties For Drunk Driving Convictions
Whether you have been charged with your first offense or multiple offenses, you can trust that my firm can represent you. Read more about DUI offenses and their associated penalties to better understand what consequences you may be facing in Florida.
First DUI Offense
- Punishable by up to six months jail
- Fines not exceeding $2,000
- License suspension between 180 days to one year
- Eligible for a hardship license
- Ignition interlock device installation for up to six months
- Up to 50 hours of community service
- Treatment program or diversion program
- Vehicle impound for up to 10 days
Second DUI Offense
- Punishable by up to nine months in jail, or mandatory 10 days if within five years of previous DUI
- Fines not exceeding $4,000
- License suspension for up to five years, if within five years of prior DUI
- Eligible for hardship license upon completion of DUI school
- Ignition interlock device installation for up to two years
- Vehicle immobilization for up to 30 days
Third DUI Offense
- Third-degree felony charge if arrested within 10 years of prior DUI
- Punishable by up to 12 months in jail, or minimum 30 days if within five years of previous DUI
- Up to $5,000 in fines
- License suspension for 10 years
- Eligible for hardship license after two years and upon completion of DUI school
- Ignition interlock device installation for up to two years
- Vehicle impound for 90 days
Fourth DUI Offense And Subsequent Offenses
- Punishable by up to five years in jail
- Minimum of $2,000 in fines
- License suspension for life
Additional Consequences That Are Not Implemented by The Court
A felony DUI conviction can make it difficult to get a job, keep a job, gain admission to college, or apply for scholarships. In addition, multiple DUI offenses can affect your insurance premiums. No matter how you look at it, a DUI conviction will result in life-changing consequences.
At my firm, Jonathan B. Blecher, P.A., I am dedicated to fighting on your behalf to ensure that your rights are protected. As a former criminal prosecutor, I can use my unique experience to ensure that the prosecution does not take advantage of your case. I have more than 40 years of experience successfully handling thousands of DUI cases throughout Florida, and I can use my knowledge for your legal battle.
Retain A Miami DUI Lawyer To Fight Your Charges
If you are ready to build a strong defense for the best chance of avoiding these penalties, contact Jonathan B. Blecher, P.A., as soon as possible. I use a forward-thinking approach to strategize your defense and I can evaluate your legal matter swiftly and with ease.
You only have 10 days after a DUI accident to get the ball rolling in most cases, so call me now at 786-785-2035 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Arrested For A DUI? Call Now To Get A Free Case Evaluation!
If you were arrested for a DUI-related offense in the Miami-Dade area, do not think that you will automatically be found guilty of all of the charges. You do not have to take your accusations or penalties lying down. With the help of an experienced and knowledgeable Miami DUI lawyer, your DUI allegations can be a thing of the past.
My personal goal is to help you move on with your life in a positive way. I directly handle every case that comes through my firm’s doors. I have direct control and responsibility for your case and I pride my service on this strong foundation. As a former prosecutor and skilled defense lawyer with more than 40 years of legal experience, I have been chosen time and again to represent thousands of DUI cases in Miami, Florida.
My high standards of ethics and commitment to effective legal representation have earned me an Avvo Rating of 10.0 Superb. If you are ready to discuss your DUI-related case, contact Jonathan B. Blecher, P.A., as soon as possible. I will never hand your case over to an inexperienced lawyer, associate, or partner. You can trust that, from the moment you call my offices to the final outcome of your DUI case, you will walk away knowing that I was by your side the entire time.
If you are facing charges for DUI in Miami, call 786-785-2035 now to schedule a time that works for you to meet with me for a free case consultation.
How My Firm Can Help You
As an experienced Miami DUI lawyer, my goal is to help clients obtain justice from the court system. I can help you fight for your rights and freedom if you were charged with any of the following offenses, among many others:
- Drug DUI
- Out-of-state DUI
- Hit and run
- First DUI
- Second DUI
- Third DUI
After being arrested, you should take immediate action to get a strong defense. Do not settle for less than what you deserve when it comes to your freedom.
I have extensive qualifications that allow me to provide high-quality representation to my clients, no matter how complex their case may be.
- 40 years of experience in criminal law and 3,000 DUI cases defended
- Listed as one of the top lawyers in the state by Florida Trend’s Legal Elite and Cambridge Who’s Who in Law
- Admitted to practice in Florida state and federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court
- Rated 10.0-Superb by Avvo, the highest possible rating
- Member of the National College of DUI Defense