DUI Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve just been arrested for DUI, you have dozens of questions about your case. At my firm, I take the time to make sure you understand what to expect and provide answers to any questions you may have about your case.
To get you started, here are some answers to questions that my clients often have. If you want to discuss your case with me personally, please feel free to call my office to schedule your free consultation.
- What do I do when I’m stopped for DUI?
- What are the best DUI defense strategies?
- Should I hire a lawyer when there’s so much evidence against me?
- What is blood alcohol content?
- What is reasonable suspicion?
- What is actual physical control?
- How can I use technology to defend my DUI?
- How much will my DUI cost?
- Am I eligible for a DUI Diversion program?
- Can a person be guilty if they’ve only had one drink?
- Will my criminal record go away after 10 years?
- Should I take the deal from the state?
Police Procedure And Laws
- Are DUI checkpoints legal?
- Was my traffic stop legal?
- What is the difference between Miranda rights and warnings?
- Can you be charged for DUI on a bicycle?
Do I have the right to an attorney when I am stopped for DUI?
What new law can avoid a DUI conviction for first offenders?
- The police didn’t read me my rights. Will my charges be dismissed?
- What are the penalties for a first DUI offense?
- What are the penalties for a second DUI offense?
- What are the penalties for underage DUI in Florida?
- What are the consequences of my DUI?
- Will I have to have an ignition interlock device on my car?
How will a Florida DUI conviction affect me?
- What is BAC and how is it determined?
- What is a Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test (HGN)?
- What are the breath testing regulations for police officers?
- What is the blood testing extrapolation?
- What are the implied consent laws in Florida?
- When can an officer give me a blood test?
When I get pulled over for a DUI, should I wait to take a blood test?
- What will happen to my driving privileges if I am convicted of DUI with a CDL in Florida?
- What is the administrative license suspension law?
What can I do after my license is taken?
When your freedom hangs in the balance, who you hire to represent you is critical. Let me help you make an informed decision.
If you have further questions, you can look at my answers to questions on Avvo or contact my office by phone or email! With over 40 years of experience and 3,000 DUI cases handled, you can trust that I am well-equipped to handle your case, no matter its complexity. I have developed a number of innovative strategies and tailor my defense to each case. Call me at 305-321-3237 or submit an online form to get started!